June 22, 2012

Why I Can't Make Nice Pop Up Cards

The Hambo Hoedown challenge this week is to use a technique from Splitcoast Stampers.  I attempted to make a pull-tab pop-up card.  And then I attempted it again, and again, and again.  By the time that I had to start over a forth time, I was screaming at my cardstock.  In anger, I took my green decorated pop up flap, ripped it off the pull tab, and just glued it down on yellow cardstock.  Then I pasted the sentiment (which should have shown on the pull-tab) on the inside.  So now I need a new card for the hoedown because the challenge isn't "cards that started out using Splitcoast Stamper techniques, but then the card maker got frustrated and angry and just made a regular card."  Thankfully there's lots of summer link-ups that this card is perfect for.  And it turned out cute even if it's just a regular card.


Cardstock-Provo Craft, Image-Hambo Stamps, Chipboard Borders-Provo Craft

Linking Up (all challenges are for summer cards):

14 comments:

  1. Cute card! Thanks for playing @ CTO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great card! Please consider joining us at Digi Haven using this card. All our challenges focus on FREE Digi Images. This week we have a "summer" theme. This card would be perfect!! ♥ Denise @ www.DigiHaven.Blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I just checked out the blog. What a fun link up! I'll definitely be joining for the challenges-I love free images!

      Delete
  3. Very cute. Thanks for playing at Digi Haven.
    http://iwycd.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! LOVE the way you've done the sentiment--and your bold bright colors are fabulous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your bright colors with your cool cat, such a fun card! Thanks for joining us this week for our "Welcome Summer" challenge @ CTO :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous! LOve your colours and this is one cute image...
    Chrissyxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL! I'm sorry it didn't work out, but the way you tell the story is rather funny! :-) Your card DID, however, turn out very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun digi! I love your bright coloring! Thanks for joining us at the Digi Haven Summer challenge, hope you join us again next week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanks for joining our challenge at Digi Haven this week. Tis is a great card and I love the bright colors!
    Tammy DH DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this, one very cute and cool cat! Your colors are perfect for summer! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous job, love your take on our "summer" theme so much!

    Thanks for joining us at Deep Ocean this forthnight.

    Hugs, Franz.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's turned out great for just a regular card :) Just breathe when you make the pull tab card and "Keep Cool"! LOL :) Love the colors, reminds me of Popsicle's. Thanks for sharing and plying with us at Digi Haven this week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations Kaylee for being one of our TOP 3 this week at Digi Haven!! Please come on over and pick up your winners button!! www.DigiHaven.BlogSpot.com Again, congratulations and thank you for playing with us!! ♥ Denise

    ReplyDelete