June 20, 2012

Sketch Challenge #126

OWH has a fun sketch challenge this week.


Even though I usually struggle with sketches, I found this one rather inspiring.  I even got brave enough to switch it up a bit.  I made 3 cards from it today!

Supplies used:  Paper-All My Memories, Image-Milk Coffee Stamps, Sentiment-Desert Diva

My mom has a Provo Craft mini sewing machine that's sat unopened for months.  I borrowed it and tried it out.  It's not the simplest machine nor does it give the best results, but maybe I just need practice.  Any tips? Reading Simple Scrapbooks by Cathy Zielske.  She encourages relaxing on crafts and to remember that imperfections add whimsy and character.  I'm trying it out, so my crooked stitches are staying put!  Linking up to Milk Coffee Stamps Challenge-Use Purples and Greens.


My second card is by far my favorite.


Supplies Used:  Stamps by Eat Cake Graphics and Hero Arts, Paper by We R, Ribbon by Offay, Clothespins by Provo Craft

The ribbon actually is really wide, I cut it in half to make it fit.  Then I decided to fray the ends for a more folksy look.  Linking up to:  Simon Says Stamp and Show-use a bit of brown, Crafts and Me-Anything Goes, Crazy Amigo-Warm Colors, Make It Monday, and Forever Friends-feature and animal.

My last card turned out nice too.  This week's midweek throwdown is cards that use blue and yellow.  The cute flower is actually three brads-how fun is that!

Supplies: Paper-Target, Ribbon-Offay, Brads-Making Memories, Image-Doodle Pantry


It's been a rather accomplishing day.




15 comments:

  1. Three very cute cards. I really love that shades of blue and yellow you used for your midweek card. You did have a very successful crafting day. I thought your stitching looked fine. I cannot sew at all so I give you tons of credit for even trying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful garden-themed pieces! thank you for joining the "in the garden" challenge at the cheerful stamp pad! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi
    nice card thanks for joining the foreverfriends challenge this time
    patricia(dt)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've had a very productive day, wow! Beautiful cards :)

    Keep working on the sketches, your card turned out so nice, love it!

    Thanks for playing in our Operation Write Home Midweek Throwdown challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute set of cards! Your sketch card is darling. Your stitching looks terrific, I couldn't see anything to worry about! Great color challenge/Doodle Pantry card - I love the soft blue and yellow scheme. Good job on them all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a nice set of cards! Great job on the sketch, and I really like the scalloped edge on your last card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Darling! And you did have a great day! I agree with the others that the stitching looks great. As for perfection, that's what machines do. (Especially these days with the cards made to look as if they're homemade.) It's the love that goes into them and individuality that makes homemade cards special.

    When I lived in Arizona, I bought a rug from a Navajo weaver. They always make a point of putting a mistake in their rugs because they believe it's where the spirit moves in and out of the rug. Persians also put deliberate mistakes in their rugs. So, we're all in good company, though I don't have to put in deliberate mistakes because I make enough of them accidentally. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job on all. I am partial to the first becaul the playful mix of patterns! TFS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. They are all adorable cards, Kaylee! Really fab layouts and use of papers!

    Thanks for joining us at MilkCoffee - hope to see you again!

    Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  10. They are all great, very nice job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, you really got on a roll - so glad to see the OWH sketch inspired you! Love the blue and yellow color combo on your last card! Thanks for playing along at the Doodle Pantry Digital Challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for sharing your fabulous project with the DT from SIMON SAYS STAMP AND SHOW,thank you for sharing Hugs Terry xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great cards! Love the pretty blue and yellow one. Great embellishments really set off the image nicely. Thanks for joining us at Doodle Pantry Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You certainly have accomplished a lot today, love all three of your cards and the birdhouse card you made with the Doodle Pantry image is wonderful! I love those fabulous colours and your great design. Thanks for joining us at the DPDC#24.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great line up of cards! I LOVE the way you used the pegs on the 2nd card :D Thank you for joining us at Crafts and Me and good luck.
    Hugs

    Amy xx

    ReplyDelete