December 24, 2012

Day 24 of My Papercrafting World's 25 Days of Christmas

It's Christmas Eve!  I still can't figure out how the holidays came so quickly.  Must be all the crafting.  We are on Day 24 of My Papercrafting World's 25 Days of Christmas.  This is my final design team post for it.  I'm sad to see it end.  The ladies I worked with are so fabulous!

Today's theme is Wise Men.  You can find all the designers' projects and freebies HERE.

I made a magnetic nativity set for my project.


This was so fun to make and it only used scraps which was even better.  I laminated them and attached magnets on the back.  I then attached the background to a cookie sheet.  I teach the 12-14 yr olds in my church, so I used this set as part of my lesson.  I put each character in an envelope with a slip of paper that had a scripture, story, or quote on it relating to Christ's birth and let the kids pick an envelope and share what they got.  They loved it.  It seemed a little childish, but something I've learned about jr. high students is they like to be little kids again every once in a while.

Here's a closer look at the 3 kings from the East.  My husband thinks the one with brown hair looks like Wyatt Earp.




3 comments:

  1. This is so fabulous, and so much detail! Wonderful job on it all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Nativity Set is adorable...to make it magnetic is even more work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was FABULOUS Kaylee! I have really enjoyed seeing your wonderful projects for the 25 days! Thank you for sharing your creative talents with us! All the best to you my friend!
    -Melin

    ReplyDelete