August 6, 2013

Come a long way...

I sometimes (okay-nearly always) get frustrated when I finish a project.  It never turns out as perfect as it is in my head.  Sometimes I think that artists compare themselves to others too often.  We really should just compare ourselves with ourselves.

I went through my older posts to see if I wanted to save any to an online gallery that I have.  OH MY GOSH!  I'm a bit mortified that I ever posted some of those cards.  Wow, have I improved a lot!  

Here's the first card I ever posted to this blog:


Ummm... I don't really have much to say.  The picture really says it all.  Here's my most recently finished card:


I've come a long way!  So if you're frustrated don't quit.  Keep trying, look at other cardmakers that you like, enter challenges, get tips, use sketches (I think that has helped me the most), and only compare your work to YOU.  Keep crafting, HUGS!


2 comments:

  1. Very good advice. Thank you. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this card Kaylee! The colors are beautiful from the gorgeous choice of Dp up to the embellishments and image!
    I left you a comment on your CYP card on the DT site!
    ~ginny
    DT CYP

    ReplyDelete