June 26, 2013

Scrap Wrangling

My sister-in-law asked if I could make her some thank you cards.  She is a golfer and has several sponsors that she'd like to thank.  I love any excuse to make cards, so I was all about that.  After I found a sketch, I examined my scrap box.  (All of my scraps are stored in a single-yes, SINGLE-shoebox.)  I've been trying to get the scraps contained for a while.  Going off of OWH's scrap-wrangling and 6x6 tutorials, I set out to use up the scraps.

Here's the thank you cards (I made 2-3 of each):



Then I went a bit overboard on the scraps...

 

I just mailed a box of cards to OWH 2 weeks ago, but it looks like I'm about ready to mail another one.


This one's my favorite.  Perfect for a guy (or maybe I'll give it to my sis-in-law as well).
 


This one's my hubby's favorite.  He insisted that I feature it on here.  The googly eyes and silly sentiment crack him up.



And lastly, because I loved this week's OWH sketch: 


She is colored with water-based markers and a blending pen.  That's my 1st try at the blender and I think it's alright.  I'd love any tips if you've used blending pens before.

Thanks for visiting today!

Linking up to:

8 comments:

  1. Awww! Your Kraftin' Kimmie card turned out so cute! I like the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous selection of cards Kaylee, great way to use up scraps..they are all terrific.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Make it Monday..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! All the cards are fantastic! I saw it on Make it Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terrific use of the sketch to spark your creativity - and good for you for using up so many scraps! I love the masculine "thank you" card too! Thanks, and thanks for inspiring me to a goal of 2 cards a week for OWH. I'm on vacation this week so I may get a couple of weeks ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  5. only a shoebox!!! Wow I bow to you. I am so impressed with your cards you are simply awesome. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are great! I love your fav - but I have to agree with Hubby that googly eyes is way cute. I wouldn't have thought to put two different size eyes on the beasty. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful collection of cards, and especially the one chosen for this week's sketch inspiration! Congrats and keep up the great work for OWH!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, such a wonderful collection. I just love your sketch for this week's OWH challenge. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete