August 2, 2012

Kitty Kard!

I'm addicted to cats.  I think all my posts are proof of that.  Even this one:

Paper-Michael's, Image-Milk Coffee Stamps, Sentiment-PaperCrafts magazine

This cute image is called "Charlotte and her kitten."  She has a Siamese kitten.  I'm a bit partial to Siamese since my first two cats were Siamese (though my present kitty is Calico, which is really hard to color).

I've been experimenting with my PrismaColor colored pencils.  I'm trying to master shading and highlighting.  How is it?  Any advice?  I'm finding it's best to using my oil painting shading techniques-start darker and gradually lighten.  I'm proud of Charlotte's shirt and skirt, but I gave up on shading her hair finally.


It's a simple card but still cute.  OWH is low on cards right now, so I'm trying to go simpler and quicker while still making quality cards.

Linking up:
Milk Coffee Stamps-colors (coral, pink, yellow, blue, and green)

3 comments:

  1. Very sweet card! Love that sweet image!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

    Hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh she's so sweet, Kaylee - I love your soft colouring! Thx for joining us at MilkCoffee Stamps and I hope we see you again for our next colour challenge starting on 10 August!

    Mary J x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute.love your coloring of Charoltte.Love the big brads and tag.Thanks for joining us at Milkcoffee color challenge.

    ReplyDelete